5-Week Webinar: Intro to Cannabis Therapeutics
Time & Location
About the event
The next Radicle Health 5-week Cannabis Therapeutics webinar begins October 8, 2019. These are the concepts that you will discuss with your colleagues and with your instructors:
- The 6 principles of essential knowledge for nurses, published by the NSCBN.
- Cannabinoids and terpenes and how nurses can identify cannabinoid and terpene profiles in chemovars to effectively treat illness and disease.
- The endogenous cannabinoid system and a description of the cell receptors, enzymes, ligands, and drug transporters relevant to cannabinoid pharmacodynamics.
- The absorption, metabolism, distribution, and excretion of cannabinoids.
- Principles of assessment and dosing when working with cannabis medicines and some best practices to consider when recommending cannabis for patients.
- Extraction methods, delivery methods, and some commonly held misconceptions about cannabis.
- Considerations unique to the senior patient population and how to use cannabis to treat illnesses and conditions typical of senior patients.
- Categories of pain, the physiologic pathways through which cannabis can provide analgesia, and information about using cannabis to help treat nociceptive, neuropathic, and nociplastic pain.
- Guidelines for helping patients identify and select safe products.
- Information about how clinicians and patients can use genetic polymorphisms as data points for predicting patient response and for mitigating the risk of adverse effects.
Seats are limited, and this class will fill to capacity. Call 925.357.8316 to reserve your space.
Eloise Theisen, RN, MSN, AGPCNP-BC
Founder, Radicle Health and Radicle Health Clinician Network
CEP Number: 16845*
7.5 hours of instruction
Over 4 hours of self-paced modules
- Reserve Your Seat!$750$7500$0